Larks ascending: Dorking, Brockham, Redhill

After a run of gloomy days, it was great to get out for a ride on this bright frosty morning: map of my track here.
I headed East and climbed Staple Lane. Skylarks were singing, it was almost like Spring. I managed to get up Crocknorth Road in one go: must be getting used to it. Rather than taking my usual route onward along the North Downs via Box Hill, I tried a new route through the countryside it overlooks, essentially following the Surrey Cycleway, then NCN21 into Redhill for the return to Guildford by train. Must explore the Surrey Cycleway more.
Climbing Staple Lane

View from Denbies Hillside

Dorking Halls: Vaughan Williams fenced off

Old Coach Road: a pleasant track across Betchworth Park golf course
Brockham village green

Trees en route

River Mole, Betchworth

Wonham Deer Park, a surprising find

NCN21 into Redhill from the South

NCN21 in Redhill

Comments