Cycling National Cycle Network Route 4, Swansea to Llanelli

I happened to be visiting Swansea, and decided to explore the area on a Brompton I had hired from the Brompton Dock scheme. I parked at the Fabian Way Park and Ride and assembled the Brompton. It was a lovely day, and I cycled along Swansea sea front to the Mumbles, then followed National Cycle Network Route 4 to Llanelli. It was a great combination of seaside (Swansea Bay), woodland (Clyne Valley path) and estuary (River Loughor between Llanelli and the Gower). I caught the train back from Llanelli to Swansea. GPS track of my ride here.

Cycle bridge over R Tawe, Swansea

NCN4, beside R Tawe

Bridge over mouth of R Tawe

Swansea sea front

Cafe, Swansea sea front

Swansea Bay

Seafront path at Mumbles

Approaching Mumbles pier

Bayside cycle path

Clyne Valley cycle path

Railway Inn

Road over Gowerton Marshes

Horses (one with two heads)

A484 bridge over R Loughor

Beside the Loughor estuary

Beachside houses

Train to Swansea arrives Llanelli station

Bridge back over R Tawe, Swansea

Comments