Ridgeway landscape paintings by Liz Chaderton


The Ridgeway from Avebury to Goring makes a great cycle ride in summer. I have always liked art inspired by these landscapes and ancient sites, such as the work of Eric Ravilious and the Nash brothers (Paul and John). 

I gave a description of the route on my website (now closed), illustrated with some photos. Recently, I was approached by Berkshire based artist Liz Chaderton for permission to use one of my photos as the basis for a painting using a special process called 'gouache resist' which gives the appearance of a wood cut. I think the resulting paintings (below) capture the landscape beautifully! Liz's website is here.

This is my photo and Liz's interpretation.

My photo: "Ridgeway (Uffington Castle on horizon)"

Liz Chaderton's interpretation (Copyright Liz Chaderton 2020)

These are two more paintings by Liz of landmarks along the Ridgeway.

Waylands Smithy
(Copyright Liz Chaderton 2020)

Uffington White Horse
(Copyright Liz Chaderton 2020)


Comments

  1. Thanks Nigel. I love that landscape too and I really appreciate the use of your photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment