Downs Link, Stan's Bike Shack

Making the most of the spell of good spring weather, I made my annual pilgrimage down the Downs Link. The track was in good condition.  Since my last trip a year ago, an excellent cafe has opened (in August 2014): Stan's Bike Shack. It is right on the Link at Partridge Green: I have added it to my map of the route.

Also,  works are underway to improve the crossing of the A283 just South of Bramber.

Having reached the coast at Shoreham, I headed West making the most of a strong tail wind. Having stopped for a cuppa at the the Sea Lanes café, I terminated my ride at Goring-on-Sea station and took the train back to Guildford  via Havant. Beyond here, all routes lead through tedious housing estates: what a pity  there is no cycle route beside the sea.

Stan's Bike Shack
Plans for new new Downs Link crossing of A283

Comments